Saturday 17 December 2016

When I am Weak, Then I am Strong


Hi guys, it's been a long time. Sorry for my inconsistent blogging. Anyway, I praise the Lord for touching my heart and inspiring me to write another blog that has to do with "me"... Please don't get me wrong. I believe some of you could relate to this refining process that I've been going through. Yes, you've read it right, the Lord isn't finish with me yet. And for those who wouldn't be able to relate at this moment, I hope it'll give you additional weapons for future battles. So, let's begin.

Here I am, patiently waiting on the Lord for spiritual breakthrough. I can say that I'm on the "rest" stage of my faith journey where I'm not visible to pulpit and not busy in church ministries. And this is the kind of rest that is exhausting. This is the time of refining and replenishment. For you to better understand this stage, I will share my personal experience about it. 

Have you ever been in a position where you want to do many things for the Lord? Because of that desire, you're getting tempted to take shortcuts and do things on your own way. And when you get so frustrated, there comes a strong urge to run away from the Lord. (Please don't ever do that no matter how hard this process might be).

Many of us get so focused on our kingdom-call that we miss our daily call. Sometimes, we are so focused on the big-picture that we miss the importance of the present moment. I am not ashamed to admit that I once became a victim of that. Hence, turned me into a self-focused, jealous, impatient, and disobedient servant of God. I marveled at my own abilities, made it about me, craved being impressive, and thought I was something apart from God. But God's grace is beyond measure. He rescued me from that situation. I began to understand the truth that my life's value was not based on my great work for Jesus, but on Jesus' great work for me. He has reminded me that I should love my story. I need not to look at my left and right, I just need to look up and put my trust in Him with every detail of my life. 

Don't you know that those unfulfilled desires are God's passions beating in your heart? The reason why you are a big threat to the enemies. This stage is not just about God's plan in your life for the enemies have plan, too. Yes, both have plans. Be careful not to allow the enemies to take advantage of this process because this is the time the enemies would likely go to harass you and leave you bruised and wounded. But thanks be to God! He gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now the question is, what are we going to do to silence the enemies? This time, I'm talking about the enemies within us. First thing we need to do is to get on our knees, repent, and ask the Lord for deliverance. View the weaknesses within us as an opportunity to experience God's strong hand at work in our lives. And when the Lord calms the storm within us, this is the time to hold on to God's promises. Believe that you're called and He has a plan in your life. As you wait on it, be patient and obedient. I know it's not easy, this is the time that you're most likely be tempted to fast-track everything. But if you follow His lead, trust Him in every way, and endure times of testings, you will eventually see breakthrough and enjoy the gifts He entrusted you.

To last long and finish strong, we must believe with all our hearts that we can possess and produce no good things apart from God, "the Source of every good thing." We're not necessarily called to be successful, but we're most definitely called to be constant, devoted, and true.

The truth is, because I put my faith on the cross, I am fully approved by God.

I'd like to share this song entitled "Grace" by Laura Story. This song just really summed up this blog post. Of course, it's all about God's grace!

  
Also, I'd like to recommend this book entitled "Your Beautiful Purpose" by Susie Larson. This book piece me together for God's one beautiful purpose. I believe it'd help you, as well.



(If you find this blog helpful in your faith journey with Jesus, reach others by sharing this blog post on your account.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment