Thursday 1 September 2016

BEN-WHO?


I've just watched Ben-Hur, and I guarantee that it's a must-see movie. I was in awe of how the story embraced the life of Jesus Christ, especially the "big event" in the history, the crucifixion of our Saviour that paved the way to our salvation.  At first, have no  idea what the movie was all about. It was my fiance who asked me to see this movie together. I even remembered asking him this... "Ano ba yang Ben-Hur na yan?" But after watching it, I felt like it was God who really led us there. 

Since I got so curious on how did they (people behind the scenes) end up with the idea of incorporating Jesus in the story, I did some research, and guess what? I found out that it was a novel book written long time ago by Lew Wallace and was published on November 12, 1880 with its original title "Ben-Hur: A Tale of Christ."

Let's go into some details of the story (hope it won't spoil your appetite in watching this great film). The story reflects themes of betrayal, conviction, revenge, and redemption, but I got more than these. I also saw reflections of patience, endurance, healing, and blessings. The main character named Judah Ben-Hur (just a fictional character), came from a respected family in Jerusalem and was falsely accused of treason. Unfortunately, he was separated from his family and lined up as Roman's slave. In spite of what happened, it didn't stop him from believing that he will be reunited with them once again. I saw his hardships, being a slave, as a refining process which is vital to faith. Then, after some time, Judah was able to forgive when he experienced the love of Christ himself. All the pain in his heart were healed, and blessings came upon him.

For those who are hungry to watch great stories about Christian faith, I recommend this movie to you. Don't miss the chance to watch Ben-hur in cinemas, it's worth your time and money. Enjoy watching! God bless!

Romans 5: 1-6 (ESV)

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. 6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 


Ben-Hur (2016) Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment